Our world is filled with discrimination, hate, injustice, and many other negative feelings; so let's talk about something happy! :-)
All thanks to Happy Socks for these lovely goodies–I have been having a ton of fun styling them. They are comfortable, adorable, and well-made, definitely my go-to socks right now. I'd highly recommend them to anybody who likes dressing up in colorful designs! They will surely brighten up your day!
To go along with these cute socks, I thought nothing could be more appropriate than to talk about happiness. Well, not sure what happiness means to you, but a while ago I saw an incredibly fun and interesting movie called Hector and The Search For Happiness (read more). The story of Hector's search really resonated with me especially because I was struggling a lot in life when I saw the movie. The audience gets to discover happiness through both inspiring and touching moments. But my favourite thing is that the movie doesn't only talk about the happy and perfect stuff; it focuses heavily on "the bad" too, which includes the good things (and people) the main character had missed out on, the way fate had worked against him, and the way reality had presented itself to him.
While Hector was on his search for happiness, he created this list:
- Making comparisons can spoil your happiness.
- A lot of people think happiness is being rich or important.
- Many people see happiness only in their future.
- Happiness could be the freedom to love more than one woman at the same time.
- Sometimes happiness is not knowing the whole story.
- Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.
- Does the person you’re with bring you predominately A) Up or B) Down?
- Happiness is answering your calling.
- Happiness is being loved for who you are.
- Sweet Potato Stew!
- Fear is an impediment to happiness.
- Happiness is feeling completely alive.
- Happiness is knowing how to celebrate.
- Listening is loving.
- Nostalgia is not what it used to be.
I personally think this list is incredibly true to an extent. These fifteen things are great reminders for us all to be happy, and perhaps it can even motivates us to look for our own happiness–something special to us only–something no one can take away from us.